Sunday, April 24, 2016

Great Food & Company

Every now and then, my girlfriends and I will meet up for our girlie time. Everyone is so busy with life and we dont get to meet all that much but we make it a point to meet up to celebrate birthdays together. We started this last year for my birthday (now you see why my daughter is also obsessed with birthdays? She got it from me!). Anyway, one of my girlfriends turned 36 on April 9th. It's time to meet up again. Our last meet up session was in October last year. It's been a while! One of them is already 5 months pregnant with her third (boy!). 

Yesterday was the celebration day. We've been planning since the last couple of weeks. As usual, I ordered cake from a baker friend in Hartamas. Her cakes are just amazing. I asked everyone in our chat group what cake they want and everyone wanted the cheesecake. So cheesecake it is then.


We decided to go check out the new restaurant in Naza tower called BLVD House. I've seen people posting photos from this place a lot and I had to check it out. Everyone agreed. I told my girlfriend, the birthday girl to pick me up on the way there because my house is on the way. Hurray! No need to drive! 


The place is really awesome. I dont know why but it reminded me of those cafes in Paris. For a moment, I was imagining being in Paris. I made reservations earlier that week for 4 pax. Luckily I did because the place was packed. I didn't think it would be that packed on a Sunday but it was. They gave us a little table. I wish we got a bigger table because we ordered way too much food and it just wouldn't fit the table. At the last minute, my friend couldn't find a babysitter and she had to take her daughter along. She is the cutest little girl I've ever seen in my life. Too cute and so precious! She was the only kid there. Pity her, she must be bored.


What to order?
Well, we didn't know what to order so finally we ordered stuff we could all share. We had a salad, a cheeseburger, roast chicken and mac & cheese. They were all super yummy. 


This is by far the best salad I've ever tasted in my life. I'm not a salad person but this was soooo good. I dont know what it is called but there's duck, the peaches, feta cheese (I love feta cheese!), caramelised walnut (I think) and ooohhh god, it was so yummy. I dont know what veg that is but apparently it is kale. I'm so going to buy Kale and make this. 


We also ordered this pasta dish. I dont know what it is called. It's spicy-ish and I love it. I think this is probably my favourite pasta ever. I dont think I can finish the whole plate. It's good that we were all sharing because they're very generous with the portion. 


We also ordered this chicken. It's so cool because they bring it out for you and fire it. You get so jakun and take video of it and then they take it back and cut it for you and pour baked beans on it. This was recommended by the waitress. I guess more for the show rather than the taste. It tasted good but I was expecting it to be better. It is not as juicy as I thought it was going to be. 


This was my friend's order. She wanted burger and this cheeseburger is really very nice. I took a piece and it was really very juicy and so much flavour. Really nice. It came with fries and cheese and that purple thing is coleslaw. The coleslaw is to die for. So delicious!

I didn't take photo of the Mac &Cheese. I'm not a fan but everyone on the table enjoyed it. I'm not a mac & cheese person, that's why. It tasted good to me but I dont think I can finish the whole portion by myself. 


Once we were done stuffing our faces with all the yummy food, it was time for the cake. I actually got her a funky candle with fireworks all but apparently it is not allowed in the restaurant. Bummer.

After cake, asked for the bill. I was quite surprised that our bill came up to about RM300. That is so good because there was 5 of us, including the little girl. Not bad at all. We then walked over to a coffee place next door called Dappio.


1 minute away from BLVD House

It is a nice chilled out cafe. They have cakes, coffee and la Juiceria too. I was so full that I had to have a cup of coffee. I dont usually drink coffee unless I'm on holiday or when I'm really FULL!

Coffee was alright. Nothing great. 

Overall it was such a good meet up session, as always. We were out for approximately 4 hours and it didn't feel like that long at all. I wish we could stay longer but I had a text from my husband asking me when I am coming home and my kids called me twice while I was there. I can't catch a break!!

I love spending time with these girls. We laughed so much that at one point, I was literally crying. I had tears and couldn't stop laughing. Thank God for waterproof mascara. 

BLVD House is so awesome. I can't wait to go back. I love that salad!!! Yumzzz

2 comments:

  1. Babe.. Doppio's matcha green tea latte is sedappp!! Go & try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a green tea person but will try next time

      Delete

Say what?!