Monday, March 7, 2016

7 years

Alhamdulillah. Today is our 7th anniversary. I cannot believe it's been 7 years but sometimes it feels like I've been married forever.

This morning, as usual, I woke up at 6am. Got my daughter ready for school and even got the chance to go through some mandarin spelling for her mandarin spelling test in school today. We also managed to do some English spelling revision. I'm such a tiger mum it's so funny!!!

Before we left for school run, my husband wished me Happy Anniversary and we had a group hug (with the kiddos). I feel really blessed and feel so much love that I almost teared up.

My kids were so excited. I don't know if they understand what a wedding anniversary is but they were jumping up and down wishing us happy anniversary. When we dropped our daughter off at the school gate, she kept shouting like a million times "Happy Anniversary mummy & papa" and everyone could hear her. It was so funny and embarrassing but very sweet of her. She told her papa that we have to go to Bangsar Village today to get flowers for me. She's the sweetest thing ever.

After the school run, my husband and I went for breakfast date at La Bodega. We used to go to La Bodega A LOT for breakfast before kids came and invaded our lives. Since we had kids, we haven't been to La Bodega for breakfast. Imagine that. 6 years almost! So today, our breakfast felt a bit special to me as it brought back memories of our life as a couple way back then…
It was nice.
I guess sometimes we take these little things for granted. Breakfast with your husband? What is so special about that, right? We have breakfast together everyday but today, because it is our anniversary and because we went to a place we used to go way back then, it felt good. Felt really nice.


I was too full to eat but I had to be in the 'moment' to enjoy the moment kind of thing. I forced myself to finish this whole big breakfast. I didn't finish all my food, obviously.

I also ordered chocolate cake. LOL. Any excuse to order cake! I don't know what to say about me and cakes..chocolate cakes in particular. Thank God for IZUMIO, my sugar level is nicer and better than anyone I know. Even people who don't eat sweet stuff don't have my kind of sugar level (the doctor told me that, btw!)

So 7 years of marriage. What have I learned from this 7 years? A LOT.

Marriage is hard work. It is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. To me, motherhood is not as difficult as marriage. It is not easy to be a wife and for me, it really is the most challenging thing ever. I am blessed that I have a good husband. A good provider and a wonderful loving awesome father to both my kids. We are not perfect and I am not a perfect wife and he is not the perfect husband but I think love has kept us together for this long. I pray Allah will keep giving us strength to continue to be there for each other and continue to bless our little family.


Someone told me long ago that if you can survive the first 7 years of marriage, you can survive anything. We did it.

InsyaAllah, many many more years to come.

16 comments:

  1. My eyes got all teary reading your last para.. I will be 5 years married in a week and I couldnt agree more with you..

    So I have another 2 years before the 7 years srvival :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.. 2 years will go by so fast! Happy 5th anniversary to you dear

      Delete
  2. happy anniversary. im new to your blog but i enjoy reading it :)
    i will celebrate second anni this year. still new and still working on it hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wish and hope you will have a great second anniversary this year.

      Delete
  3. Happy 7th anniversary zura. Woot woot! Asyik makan kek je ni. eheh ahem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Tu la.... Nasib baik Tak gemok .. Sedap sgt this cake!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Many more blessed years, inshaAllah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Happy 7th anniversary dear!!!

      Delete
    2. I punya anniversary esok hehe sibuk je nak bgtau kan. 9 years ok now I feel old huhu.

      Delete
    3. Wah wah! Happy Anniversary to you! 9 years tu! Congratulations

      Delete
  6. Happy belated anniversary babe!! May this marriage lasts until Jannah insyaa Allah.

    ReplyDelete

Say what?!